Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Awww a comment!

Hello,
I wanted to THANK YOU for your recording of "Les trois mousquetaires" in Librivox! I really enjoyed listening to all chapters! Now I am reading and listening to "Le Comte de Monte Cristo". Thanks a million again!
Do you have any future plans to record any other works of Alexandre Dumas?

Thanks for the comment! It's so nice to see that people appreciate it! To answer the question, I did have the intention of recording ALL of Dumas' work at the beginning, then it hit me: soooooo many books!
I've "only" read the 3 musketeers + the 2 sequels, the Count of Monte-cristo, and Acté. Which isn't much compared to the rest of his works. I'm more interested with the "cape et épée" novels, and the other books seem really big and long and not that exciting. I might try La Reine Margot one of these days, per someone's suggestion. Or maybe something shorter like Acté.

Right now, my ongoing giant project (I seem to have a knack for these things) is the Essais par Montaigne.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Merci pour cette magnifique lecture de "Les trois mousquaires" !

C'est magnifiquement lu, et digne d'un travail de professionnel.

Bonne continuation et au plaisir de vous entendre encore !

Anonymous said...

Salut JC, je voulais aussi te remercier pour avoir égayé mes heures de travail avec ta lecture du Monte-Cristo de Dumas. Je dois t'avouer que cela m'a donné le goût d'approfondir l'auteur et de lire d'autre de ses œuvres. Depuis j'en suis rendu à son dixième roman et pour répondre à l'interrogation que tu faisais dans ton blog je te les conseille tous (Tu parlais de commencer le Reine Margot, ça devrais rassasier ton intérêt de cap et d'épée)!

Merci encore,
Un compatriote québécois

Jc said...

Merci pour les commentaires! C'est vraiment gentil!