Friday, October 12, 2007

willfully blind

Ever felt your sense of reason slowly creeping away?
All the time! you might say.
No, I mean reason as in common sense.
That's how I feel, being in Law. An all new outlook on Life, the Universe, and Everything.

The other day, a friend of mine told me that there was a guy in Germany who wanted to have a chimp declared a "person". And the only thing I could say was: "so? what's the big deal?"
I could imagine his expression. There was an "Are you nuts!?"-like silence for a fraction of a second.

It's quite amazing how they get you to think only by the Code.

Law isn't necessarily justice. They made it quite clear the first week. I don't quite remember how they did it, but they did it.
There was a mention of law not = justice, and then they went on a definition of the kinds of justice, being distributive or commutative, and that was that.

No comments: